Avanti Chaturvedi shares her absolute baby essentials for the beach. To read her bio, click here.
Weather is finally looking up here in Dubai! That means all beach bummies are on the beach- including me! I love the sound of waves crashing on to the quiet sand, forming tiny rivulets on the shore’s edge.
It is also an opportunity to connect with nature that we barely get here in Dubai. Except these few months, it’s so scorching hot that you could turn into a burnt toast if you spent more than an hour outside.
So, Mr. and I decided to take the little one to the beach! Yay!
But, gone are the days when we would simply walk out of the house in our shorts and flip-flops, and be at the beach in no time. Earlier, going to the beach meant, well, just going to the beach.
Now, it is nothing short of a project where we plan a day ahead. Not to mention, take an entourage of stuff for the little one in tow.
So what did I keep in the beach tote for the little one? Check out the list:
- Swimwear- Yep, he doesn’t yet swim at nine months, but I took him in his beach shirt and shorts. That way, I could take him to the water, and the polyester material dried out quickly and dusted off the sand effortlessly! It’s worth an investment, guys. Where normal shorts would cling on if wet, these dry out in no time. Not to mention how cute these are! Boy’s was a gift from his aunt. She got it from this amazing kids’ shop while holidaying in Bali.
- Beach Mat- Just like how we need one! I keep one of those regular changing mats in bub’s bag for on the go. These mats are water proof, and can be found easily on any online baby store like firstcry or a local baby shop.
- Toys, toys!- Do yourself a favor, and carry their favorite toy to save a public tantrum! I carry his favorite rattle, and this musical teether from Babyshop since he’s teething. For older babies, sand kits are perfect to keep them engaged for hours while you soak up a golden tan!
- Baby SPF- Yep, that’s a thing. It is especially recommended for babies with eczema.
- Diapers- D’oh! Need I say more about these? They must be every mom’s handbag staple. You might forget your wallet, but not diapers! Pampers is every mom’s go to brand with a wide range of diapers to choose from according to your baby’s needs.
- Wipes- To wipe that poo off 😝 Again a no- brainer, this must be with you EVERYWHERE you go, beach or no beach. These water wipes from mother sparsh have proven to be so good and gentle on my boy’s skin! It keeps him safe from harmful chemicals, and are biodegradable too. Go check them out!
- Eatables and drinkables- The first time I went to the beach, I forgot to carry his water bottle, and all hell broke loose. Lesson learnt. Be sure to carry their water feeder and snacks to keep that calm going.
- Spare water proof tote- You might also want to carry an extra polyester tote to dump all the sand filled clothes in.
- Spare clothes- Some babies don’t like the feel of sand pricking on their skin, or might have simply rolled in it a little too much like mine did. Always carry an extra pair of clothes!
- Napkin- Carry a towel napkin unfailingly, for kids tend to put their hands every where, including the eyes.
That’s quite about all the things I carry for our beach outings.
As for the experience, it was serene! The pristine beauty of the ocean along with the calming sound of waves crashing onshore, and my two favorite people, was all I needed to make my weekend perfect.
Although I would love to do it again, there simply isn’t enough time. Perhaps, there isn’t anything quite as magical as the company of my husband and son as we make memories, one short trip at a time. Perhaps, that’s the reason why I cherish these moments so dearly.
Eeep! Am I getting into musing again? Maybe I should jot down a few lines like how Khyati does in her post Down the Memory Lane! 😁
What are YOUR favorite memories with your family?